Abstract: The residential load is one of the largest components of the electrical load in the Iraqi power system. We can supply a part of the residential loads by utilizing the renewable energies. Recent research’s show that the applications of a hybrid power system is preferable to achieve this goal. For residential loads connected to the grid (on grid) with the possibility of energy exchange (buying and selling) to the grid, the addition of suitable hybrid power system can reduce energy cost to zero (zero energy house). The paper studied the possibility of supplying residential load in the city of Mosul - at north of Iraq by using a hybrid renewable energy system to reach zero energy cost. The paper obtains this optimal hybrid system components for various cases. HOMER software was used to study the system to feeds the residential loads.
Keywords: Hybrid power system; grid connecting; Residential load; Solar Water Heating; Zero energy building.
1. N. Acharya, P. Mahat, N. Mithulananthan, “An analytical approach for DG allocation in primary distribution network,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 28, Dec. 2006, pp. 669–678.
2. J. Wilk, J. O. Gjerde, T. Gjengedal, M. Gustafsson, “Steady state power system issues when planning large wind farms”, in Proc. IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, 2002, Vol. 1 pp. 199–204.
3. P. Torcellini, S. Pless, M. Deru and D. Crawley "Zero Energy Buildings: A Critical Look at the Definition", ACEEE Summer Study Pacific Grove, California August 14−18, 2006.
4. The Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) at NASA Langley Research Center http://eosweb.larc.nasa.gov/Nurul Arina bte Abdull Razak, Muhammad Murtadha bin Othman,
5. "Optimal Sizing and Operational Strategy of Hybrid Renewable Energy System Using HOMER", The 4th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conf. (PEOCO2010), Shah Alam, Selangor, MALAYSIA: 23-24 June 2010.
6. Vuc, Gh., Borlea, I., Barbulescu, C.., Prostean, O., Jigoria-Oprea, D., Neaga, L.-Optimal Energy Mix for a Grid Connected Hybrid Wind-Photovoltaic Generation System, in 3th IEEE International Symposium on Exploitation of Renewable Energy Sources – EXPRES 2011, March 11-12, 2011, Subotica, Serbia, pp. 1-6.
7. Vuc gh , borlea i & others , "Optimal energy storage capacity for a grid connected hybrid wind photovoltaic generation system", journal of sustainable energy Vol. 2, No. 4, December, 2011.
8. Saip Electric Group is an enterprise specialized in design, production and sales of electric equipments http://www.saipgroup.com.
11. Dr. Majid S. Al-Hafidh, Dr. Mahmoud U. Al-Refaii, Dr. Mohammad A.Al-Rawi,"Utilization of solar energy to reduce Residential Load" NuRER 2012-III. International Conference on Nuclear & Renewable Energy Resources Istanbul, TURKEY, 20-23 May 2012.
Abstract: In this paper a new strategy to increase the number of bits hiding in each image for LSB method is suggested to give more data capacity with high secure stegano image. The technique of hiding a private message within a file in such a manner that third party cannot know the existence of matter or the hidden information. The purpose of Steganography is to create secrete communication between the sender and the receiver by replacing the least significant bits (LSB)of the cover image with the data bits depending on the type of the pixel class if it is edge then exchange two bits else one bit exchanged.
Keywords: Image steganography, text hiding, Least Significant Bit algorithm.
1. S. Narayana1, G. Prasad, " Two New Approaches for Secured Image Steganography Using Cryptographic Techniques and Type Conversions", Signal & Image Processing : An International Journal(SIPIJ) Vol.1, No.2, December 2010
2. I. J. Kadhim, " A New Audio Steganography System Based on Auto-Key Generator", AL-Khwarizmi Engineering Journal, Vol.8, No.1, pp27-36, 2012.
3. Y. Bassil, "Image Steganography based on a Parameterized Canny Edge Detection Algorithm", International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 60, 4, December 2012.
4. N. Jain, S. Meshram, S. Dubey, “Image Steganography Using LSB and Edge – Detection Technique". International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-3, July 2012
5. V. Saini1, R. Garg, " A Comparative Analysis on Edge Detection Techniques Used in Image Processing",IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSRJECE) ISSN : 2278-2834 Volume 1, Issue 2 (May-June 2012), PP 56-59 www.iosrjournals.org