Abstract: In this paper, it is studied about finite buffer bulk service queue M/G(a,b)/1 with multiple vacations and some analytical results, relations among queue length distributions, computations of state probabilities at various epochs are included.
Keywords: Bulk service queue, finite buffer, multiple vacations, probability generating function, probability density function.
1. Chaudhry, M.L., and Gupta, U.C.,, “Modelling and analysis of the M/G(a,b)/1/N queue – A simple alternative approach”, Queueing systems, 31, 95-100.
2. Fuhrmann, S. W.,. “ A note on the M/G/1 queue with server vacations”, Oper. Res., 32, 1368-1373
3. Gupta, U.C., and Sikdar, K. , “The finite buffer M/G/1 queue with general bulk service rule and single vacation”, Perf. Eval.,57, 199-219.
4. Gupta, U.C., and Sikdar, K. , “On the finite buffer bulk service M/G/1 queue with multiple vacations”, J.Prob.and Stat. Sci., 3(2), 175-189.
5. Levy, Y., and Yechiali, U. , “Utilization of idle time in an M/G/1 queueing system”, Manage. Sci., 22, 202-211.
6. Sujatha, N., M.Srikanth and M. Srinivasu ,”Infinite buffer bulk service queue with multiple vacations”, Intern. J. of Mathematical Archive., 5(4), 330-338.
Abstract: This paper introduces a novel axial field flux switching permanent magnet generator for small scale wind turbine application. A 3-phase 12/10-pole machine designed and 3D finite element (FE) analysis used to investigation the back-EMF, open circuit flux linkage, winding inductance, cogging torque etc. results show good performance of proposed structure. Moreover the proposed structure is very suitable for the new manufacturing approaches such as soft magnetic composite (SMC) deployment, which is underway by the authors for the proposed generator in this paper.
Keywords: Axial field (AF), energy, flux switching (FS) finite element method (FEM), permanent magnet generator (PMG).
1. Misak S.,ProkopL.“Off-grid power systems.” In: Proceedings of the 9th international conference on environment and electrical engineering 2010.p.14–7.
2. Zuher Alnasir, Mehrdad Kazerani, “An analytical literature review of stand-alone wind energy conversion systems from generator viewpoint”, journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 28 (2013) p 597–615
3. Yu-Seop Park , Seok-Myeong Jang , Ji-Hwan Choi , Jang-Young Choi , and Dae-Joon You, “Characteristic Analysis on Axial Flux Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator Considering Wind Turbine Characteristics According to Wind Speed for Small-Scale Power Application”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 11, pp 2937-2940, November 2012
4. T. F. Chan, Weimin Wang, and L. L. Lai,” Magnetic Field in a Transverse- and Axial-Flux Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator From 3-D FEA”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 2, pp 1055-1058, February 2012
5. Hendrik Vansompel, Peter Sergeant, Luc Dupré, and Alex Van den Bossche, ” Evaluation of a Simple Lamination Stacking Method for the Teethof an Axial Flux Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Machine WithConcentrated Stator Windings” ,IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 2, pp 999-1002, February 2012
6. Hendrik Vansompel, Peter Sergeant, and Luc Dupre,” A Multilayer 2-D–2-D Coupled Model for Eddy Current Calculation in the Rotor of an Axial-FluxPM Machine”, IEEE Trans on energy conversion, vol 27, no 3, pp 784-791, September 2012
7. Naghi Rostami , M. Reza Feyzi , Juha Pyrhönen, Asko Parviainen , and Vahid Behjat,” Genetic Algorithm Approach for Improved Design of a Variable Speed Axial-Flux Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Generator”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 12, pp 4860-4865, December 2012
8. So-Young Sung , Jae-Hoon Jeong , Yu-Seop Park , Jang-Young Choi , and Seok-Myeong Jang, ”Improved Analytical Modeling of Axial Flux Machine With a Double-Sided Permanent Magnet Rotor and Slotless Stator Based on an Analytical Method ”,IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 11, pp 2945-2948, November 2012
9. Y.J. Zhou and Z. Q. Zhu, ”Torque Density and Magnet Usage Efficiency Enhancement of Sandwiched Switched Flux Permanent Magnet Machines Using V-Shaped Magnets”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 49, no 7, pp 3834-3837, July 2013
10. A. S. Thomas, Z. Q. Zhu, and L. J. Wu, ”Novel Modular-Rotor Switched-Flux Permanent Magnet Machines”, IEEE Trans on Industry applications, vol. 48, no. 6,pp 2249-2258, November/December 2012
11. Wei Xu, Jianguo Zhu, Yong chang Zhang, Youguang Guo, and Gang Lei,” New Axial Laminated-Structure Flux-Switching Permanent Magnet Machine With 6/7 Poles ”,IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 47, no 10, pp 2823-2826, October 2011
12. Lei Huang, Haitao Yu, Minqiang Hu, Jing Zhao, and Zhiguang Cheng, ”A Novel Flux-Switching Permanent-Magnet Linear Generator forWave Energy Extraction Application”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 47, no 5, pp 1034-1037, May 2011
13. Weizhong Fei, Patrick Chi Kwong Luk,, Jianxin Shen, ”Torque Analysis of Permanent Magnet Flux Switching Machines with Rotor Step Skewing”,IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 10, pp 2664-2673, October 2012
14. Hani Fekri, Mahmoud Hasheminejad and Mahmoud Jourabian, ”A NEW DESIGN OF AXIAL FLUX STATOR INTERIOR PERMANENT MAGNET GENERATOR FOR SMALL WIND APPLICATION”, In Proceedings of renewable energy 2010
15. M. Lin, L. Hao, X. Li, X. Zhao, and Z. Q. Zhu, “A novel axial field flux-switching permanent magnet wind power generator,” IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 4457–4460, Oct. 2011.
16. Li Hao , Mingyao Lin , Xuming Zhao , Xinghe Fu , Z.Q. Zhu , and Ping Jin, ”Static Characteristics Analysis and Experimental Study of a Novel Axial Field Flux-Switching Permanent Magnet Generator, ” IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 48, no 11, pp 4212-4215, November 2012
17. Xiping Liu, Chen Wang, Aihua Zheng, ”Operation Principle and Topology Structures of Axial Flux-Switching Hybrid Excitation Synchronous Machine”, In Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 2011, pp 1-7
18. Z. Q. Zhu, J. T. Chen, ”Advanced Flux-Switching Permanent Magnet Brushless Machines”, IEEE Trans on magnetics, vol 46, no 6, pp 1447-1453, June 2010
19. Emmanuel Hoang, Abdel Hamid Ben Ahmed, Jean Lucidarme, ”Switching flux permanent magnet polyphased synchronous machines ”,In Proceeding. Of 7th European .Conference of. Power Electron. Application. 1997, vol. 3, pp. 903–908.
20. Jianzhong Zhang, Ming Cheng, Zhe Chen, “Optimal design of stator interior permanent magnet machine with minimized cogging torque for wind power application”, Jurnal of Energy Conversion and Management.49,(2008), pp 2100–2105
21. Jianzhong Zhang, Ming Cheng, Zhe Chen “A Novel Stator Interior Permanent Magnet Generator for Direct-Drive Wind Turbines”, Proceeding of International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems,2007, pp723-728
22. Ahmed Chebak, Philippe Viarouge, Jérôme Cros,"Optimal design of a high-speed slotless permanent magnet synchronous generator with soft magnetic composite stator yoke and rectiﬁer load",Mathematics and Computers in Simulation,2010,pp 1-13
Abstract: In this chapter, we put the theory developed in the last to practice. We develop the simplex method algorithm for LP problems given in feasible canonical form and standard form.
Keywords: Pivot operation, Feasible Canonical Form and Feasible standard Form. AMS Subject Classification 2010: 90C05.
1. F. Alizadeh (1995), ‘Interior point mehods in semidefinite programming with applications to combinatiorial optimization’, SIAMJ. Optim. 5, 13-51.
2. F. Alizadeh, j. –P. A. Haeberly and M. L. Overton (1998), ‘Primaldual interior- point methods for semidefinite programming: Convergence rates, stability and numerical results’, SIAM J. Optim. 8, 746-768.
3. E. D. Andersen and Y. Ye (1999), ‘On a homogeneous algorithm for monotone complementarity system’, Math. Program. 84, 375-399.
4. H. H. Bauschke, O. Guler, A. S. Lewis and H. S. sendov (2001), ‘Hyperbolic polynomials and convex analysis’, Canad. J. Math. 53, 470-488.
5. A. Ben-Tal and A. S. Nemirovski (2001), Leactures on Modern Convex Optimization: Analysis, Algorithms, and Engineering Applications, SIAM, Philadelphia.
6. R. E. 13ixby (2002), ‘solving real-world linear programs: A decade and more of progress’, Oper. Res. 50, 3-15.
7. I. M. Bomze (1988), ‘On standard quadratic optimization problems’, J. Global Optim. 13, 369-387.
8. I. M. Bomze and E. de Klerk (2002), ‘Solving standard quadratic optimization problems via semidefinite and copositive programming’, J. Global Optim. 24, 163-185.
9. I. M. Bomze, M. Dur, E. de Klerk, C. Roos, A. J. Quist and T. Terlaky (2000), ‘On copositive programming and standard quadratic optimization problems’, J. Global Optim. 18, 301-320.
10. S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe (2004), Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press.